Monday, March 28, 2011

Frying Pan Cookies - my favorite!

1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups chopped dates
2 beaten eggs
2 cups Rice Krispies
Coconut for rolling

Cook these slowly in heavy pan for 10 minutes, stirring all the time.
Let cool for 5 minutes then add 2 cups Rice Krispies & 1/2 cup broken walnuts. Form into balls (about 1 inch) and roll in coconut. Keep refrigerated, and eat quickly (really, the same day you make 'em, so you need a crowd!) otherwise the Rice Krispies will soften and lose their crunch.

I love old time recipes, and these are a favorite of mine.  Also, a treat as my grandmother would make them when I visited once a year.  Now, I make them myself and have them more often, but I always liked hers best!  I hope you enjoy the recipe... frankly,  everyone I've ever introduced them too, has RAVED! 

No comments:

Post a Comment